Cartloop is transforming the way consumers interact with their favourite brands through 1:1 mobile messaging and we're seriously proud of what we've accomplished since launching the company in 2020. We're a team of passionate visionaries that value personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in a sustainable approach to work-life, as optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed, with remote team members worldwide and headquarters in Los Angeles and Romania. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. Plus you get to work directly with the product owners, on a product people rave about!
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to build new features, implement APIs, while improving the performance our system as we scale the platform. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application, so an understanding of frontend technologies is necessary.
This is what you'll do at Cartloop
- Integrate 3rd party APIs with the core application.
- Architecting, building and maintaining microservices.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Work cross-functionally with product managers and engineers to deliver world-class products.
This is what you'll bring to our team
Don’t worry if you don’t meet 100% of these requirements. Your desire to learn and your ability to work in a fast-paced, remote environment is just as important to us.
- 6+ years professional experience
- Proficient working with REST APIs
- Advance knowledge and understanding of the Django/Flask frameworks and Python concepts
- Knowing how to work with building blocks of a webpage (HTML/CSS)
- Experience using modern web development tooling and command-line interfaces (Git, npm, etc.)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Nice to have:
- Experience working with Shopify and Twilio API
- Experience/passion for exploring fields like system architecture, AI or microservices
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Experience working with clickstream data
- Experience working with marketing automation platforms
- Experience working in a startup or a remote team
Why join Cartloop?
- Because you want to build a world-changing product using the latest technologies.
- Because you're looking to work directly — and alongside the product owners.
- Because you're tired of the corporate environment and want to take on a challenge.
- Because you're excited about the startup culture and want to be a part of it.
- Because you want to see your work actually making an impact within the product.
- Because you believe your input and feedback are as important as your skillset.
- Because you embrace ownership and leadership.
- Because you know that there’s lots of cozy jobs out there, but opportunities to work in a fast-growing startup are rare.
- Work remotely in a team of high-performing individuals.
- Flexible schedule. We don’t care if you’re a night owl or an early-riser. Work at anytime as long as your results speak.
- Co-working space if you prefer working along other like-minded people.
- Educational budget dedicated for personal and professional growth.
- Conferences, training, mentoring program.
- Meaningful equity in the company.
- Competitive salary.
Cartloop is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.