You’ve probably seen hundreds (if not thousands) of engineering job posts and you’re tired of reading the same BS over and over again. Sounds familiar? Yes, we’ve been there too. Precisely why we aim to do this differently.
We’ll tell you exactly what you’re getting into and you decide for yourself if we’re worthy of your application. Sounds good? Let’s do it!
👉To apply, you'd need to fill out this form.
But do take a look at the role first!
💬 So, what is Cartloop?
Glad you asked. Conversational text marketing is the future of ecommerce and DTC brands. Here's why: 75% of millennials prefer text when interacting with their favorite brands (source). The problem? 99% of text communication is automated — we're here to change that.
Cartloop is building the tool that helps brands interact with customers through 1:1 text message conversations driven by real people (and no, we're not building chat bots!).
Our product drives revenue for ecommerce brands, while making the shopping experience much better for the people. Compared to any other marketing tool, people actually love interacting with Cartloop!
Is working with a real-world application that directly touches the lives of thousands, your thing? Then yeah, Cartloop is for you.
🕺🏻 Team, culture & stuff
This is our favorite part. We’ve seen companies that use some 'templatized' BS for this section; stuff that’s never followed in reality.
Not us. Here are some of our core values to give you a sense of who we are as a team:
- First and foremost, ownership and autonomy is important to us. We take responsibility in everything we do, mistakes included. We learn from them to avoid them later. We can't achieve excellence if there are no bumps in the road.
- We're product-driven. Building a great product and shipping features is at the core of what we do.
- Good communication is key. Asynchronous way of working is where we're headed — and clear, transparent communication is one of the means of getting there.
- We're pretty obsessed by efficiency. Never-ending meetings? Repetitive tasks? Stuff that doesn't make a difference? Nope. We're always looking for ways to make us more efficient.
- Get things done. We take our work seriously. We’re a small bunch on a mission to change ecommerce marketing once and for all.
- Deadlines are a thing for us. We are super punctual.
- We’re backed by some awesome investors who are extremely supportive of what we do.
- Monthly 1:1s with the founders where you can directly share & receive feedback.
Not convinced yet? Okay, here’s the good stuff:
- Flexible work policy. Night owl or early riser, work whenever you want as long as results speak for themselves.
- We’re fully remote with team members on 3 continents. Work from anywhere in the world, we’re all good.
- Allowances to choose your coworking space (if you want), courses & anything that you think is beneficial to succeed with us.
For this role, you’ll be directly working with:
- Alin, who heads our engineering team. Before joining Cartloop, Alin built enterprise solutions for global companies for the past 10+ years.
- Andrei, who's the co-founder and CEO at Cartloop. He previously built (and sold) an ecommerce brand with customers in 100+ countries. He also runs The Growth Theory Podcast.
Needless to say, they know what they’re doing.
👩💻 The role & what we are looking for
The backend code is mostly written in Python3 and runs using Django (REST API). The data is stored in PostgreSQL and React for the frontend. We usually work on improving the existing API, the performance, or we create a new feature which more often than not has a component on both backend, and maybe a migration in the database.
- Writing simple, clear, maintainable and elegant code.
- Architecting, building and maintaining microservices.
- Integrate 3rd party APIs with the core application.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Work cross-functionally with product managers and engineers to deliver quality products.
You're bringing to the team
- 5+ years of experience doing back-end development with Python or JS (ideally on high-traffic web apps).
- 5+ years of experience working with large RDMS or document databases.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
- You care about working on applications that are putting the customer needs first.
- You are comfortable communicating with other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, demo work in progress and provide updates.
- You have the drive and focus to get challenging projects over the finish line, and you are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with event-driven architecture and clickstream data
- Experience/passion for exploring fields like system architecture, AI or microservices
- Experience working in a startup and/or a remote team
- 🚀 Join a high-growth tech startup in its early stages
- 🌎 You're part of a global team that embraces ownership, autonomy and good communication
- 💡 High-impact position, as you apply your engineering skills to concrete business problems, and have an impact on all stages of our business
- 🙏 Join a company where automation, efficiency and attention are core beliefs shared by all
- ⭐️ Allowances to choose your coworking space (if you want), courses & anything that you think is beneficial to succeed with us
- 🙌 Competitive salary and generous stock options package.