About Cartloop 📱
At Cartloop, we’re changing the way hundreds of eCommerce brands communicate with their customers through conversational SMS marketing.📱
We are a distributed-first startup, so few things to keep in mind:
- Your work will have a huge impact on the project
- Working in a startup means there will be less slackin' than in your average tech company.
- Expect to get out of your comfort zone — often. Working in a small team means you'll have to gracefully deal with various problems, challenges and situations on a weekly basis.
- If your mindset is in the right place, you'll probably learn more than you did at your previous jobs.
- You've got a great opportunity of reaching leadership positions faster than your regular tech company.
- You'll have to own your work. Success or failure — we have to own it. We respect those who say "My bad" and dislike people who keep blaming others for the bad stuff.
- If you're the kind of person who lingers around or waits for others to do the work, it's better look for a cozy office job. Cartloop is probably not the right place for you :)
With that out of the way, we’re looking for a developer to build new features, implement APIs, while improving the performance our system as we scale the platform.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application, so an understanding of frontend technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing clean, reusable and efficient code
- Integrate 3rd party APIs with the core application
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Work cross-functionally with product managers and engineers to deliver high quality products.
What we're looking for 🙌
Don’t worry if you don’t meet 100% of these requirements. Your desire to learn and your ability to work in a forward-thinking, remote environment is just as important to us.
- 3+ years professional
- Experience with Python/Django is a huge plus
- Proficient working with REST APIs
- Knowing how to work with building blocks of a webpage (HTML/CSS)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial
- Experience/passion for exploring fields such as system architecture, AI or microservices is a plus.
- This is a position at an early-stage startup, so your ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is as important as your technical skills.
Why would I join Cartloop? 🚀
If you’re one of the few that look for something more than a 9-5 job, here’s why you should join.
- You gain new skills and expand your skill set faster. Unlike working in a corporate environment, at Cartloop you will be constantly pushed towards learning and developing new skills, in order to be a top performer.
- You are eager to taking new professional challenges that will supercharge your growth.
- You want to see that your work actually makes an impact.
- You thrive in a startup environment — And you know that things move slowly in a corporation, so you’re up for a bigger leap, faster.
- You embrace entrepreneurship. (and leadership too!)
- You understand that greatest opportunities begin outside of the comfort zone. There’s plenty of cozy secure jobs out there, but opportunities to do something great are rare.
- Options package. This means you can get shares in the company and share the financial rewards of the company, when the time arrives.
- Flexible schedule. We don’t care if you’re a night owl or an early-riser. Work at anytime as long as you let your results speak.
- Co-working space desk if you prefer working along other like-minded people.
- Yearly budget dedicated for education and learning materials.
- Great salary and milestone-based bonuses.
Cartloop is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.