Cartloop is transforming the way consumers interact with their favourite brands through 1:1 mobile messaging and we're seriously proud of what we've accomplished since launching the company in 2020. We're a team of passionate visionaries that value personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in a sustainable approach to work-life, as optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed, with remote team members worldwide and headquarters in Los Angeles and Romania. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. Plus you get to work directly with the product owners, on a product people rave about!
We are seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to join our small but growing data engineering team. As an early hire, you will be responsible for building the backbone for machine learning needs across the Cartloop platform. You’ll work with Product and Engineering teams to implement data science use cases. If you are a self-starter, motivated by making a huge impact, and a great communicator, then you may be a good fit for this role.
This is what you'll do at Cartloop
- Implement data science use cases across the platform
- Develop conversational AI models
- Develop algorithms that extract entities from conversations and other data sources
This is what you'll bring to the team
Don’t worry if you don’t meet 100% of these requirements. We’re looking for a person which takes ownership of her/his work and is motivated by results. Your desire to learn and your personality matters more than your experience.
- Experience building applications for 2+ years with experience on a single application long enough to see the consequences of your decisions;
- Programming experience in Python, R or Java
- You have extensive experience using machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques or similar, to build scalable systems and data-driven products, working with cross-functional teams.
- You have a proven track record of building applications that maintain a high bar of quality;
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced work environment of an early stage startup.
Nice to have
- You have a proven track record of building scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation;
- You deeply loathe regressions and take proactive steps to protect against them through a variety of testing techniques;
- You are a collaborator, technical leader, and a great communicator;
- You are excited by new technologies but are conscious of choosing them for the right reasons;
- You are constantly improving the quality of the project you are working on, both via code contributions as well as long-term advocacy for larger scale changes;
- Work remotely in a team of high-performing individuals.
- Flexible schedule. We don’t care if you’re a night owl or an early-riser. Work at any time as long as your results speak.
- Co-working space if you prefer working along with other like-minded people.
- Educational budget dedicated for personal and professional growth.
- Conferences, training, mentoring program.
- Meaningful equity in the company.
- Competitive salary.
Why should I join?
We know there’s lots of cozy jobs out there, but opportunities to work in a fast-growing startup are rare. You'll love working at Cartloop because:
- You want to build a world-changing product using the latest technologies.
- You're looking to work directly — and alongside the product owners.
- You're tired of the corporate environment and want to take on a challenge.
- You're excited about the startup culture and want to be a part of it.
- You want to see your work actually making an impact within the product.
- You believe your input and feedback are as important as your skillset.
- You embrace ownership and leadership.